Geranium is a perennial flower that tolerates cold well. There are several methods of growing this plant indoors and in flowerbeds.
Planting geranium seeds
- 3 new varieties appear;
- Transfer of superiority from the mother plant to the daughter;
- Gives a lot of shoots.
- It is difficult to care for seedlings;
- A long period of growth.
- Take a flat container with a height of 5-10 cm. It can be a food container with a lid.
- Mix perlite with soil in a ratio of 1:3, fill the container to a depth of 5 cm, make a furrow, place the seeds with tweezers, cover with soil, tamp and water.
- Before the emergence of seedlings, after 10-15 days, cover with polyethylene film and transfer to the windowsill.
- When the first shoots appear, remove the film and monitor the temperature regime, air humidity and watering.
- The plant will bloom only on the 90th day.
Planting geranium cuttings
Geranium cuttings can be transplanted in the spring. This method is simple and effective.
- With sharp scissors wiped with alcohol, cut the cutting to the stem at a right angle, there should be three or more leaves on the cutting. If a tall bush should be a stem of 5-7 cm, a low bush should be 4 cm, the inflorescence should not be on it.
- Put the cuttings in the solution of the root former and then dry the sections.
- In a pot with a volume of 200 ml, put drainage: pieces of foam, pebbles, peat, pour the prepared substrate on top or mix the soil from the garden with humus, sand, turf in equal quantities.
- Pour the substrate with hot water or a solution of potassium permanganate, plant the cuttings at a 45-degree angle to a depth of 2-4 cm.
- In summer, the first flowers may appear in geraniums.