Strawberry is a very fragrant, sweet and tasty berry. But after freezing, it tastes like grass. In order to preserve all the properties of strawberries, it is necessary to follow the rules of their freezing.
Prepare strawberries for freezing:
- Select ripe and strong berries.
- Wash them under running water together with the tails.
- Dry the strawberries on a towel for 2 hours.
Temper the strawberries with cold
This method allows you to extend the shelf life of strawberries up to 1 year. It allows the low temperature to gradually affect the berry without deforming it. To do this, it is necessary to wash and dry the strawberries. Put it in a tray and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Transfer the strawberries from the refrigerator to the freezer for 6 hours.
- Remove, separate tails and transfer to food bags for storage.
- Put in the freezer for long-term storage.
Processing of substandard berries
- Wash the berries and separate the tails.
- Grind the strawberries using a blender.
- Add sugar in a ratio of 1:1 and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the strawberry puree into storage containers and place in the freezer.